Director - International Tax
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As Director - International Tax, you'll be an indispensable member of the Finance team, leading all aspects of international tax and transfer pricing including managing tax compliance projects, researching cutting edge tax issues, managing and working alongside tax professionals in our international offices, overseeing external advisers, and helping with other tax initiatives to aid Riot as we grow to serve more players. Your extensive accounting background, intrinsic motivation, passion for teamwork, and experience with global expansion will be essential to the success of the finance group and Riot as a whole.
- Educated and experienced: you followed up a bachelor's degree in a financial discipline with 9+ years in public accounting or relevant private industry experience; you're an Excel and PowerPoint wiz and if you're a CPA or have a Masters in Tax, bonus points
- Motivated from within: you find your drive inside yourself and not from external pressures; not only do you dislike micro-management, you have the temperament that creates a growth environment for your team
- A tax geek: you understand that all tax matters start from having a good understanding of the rules; as such, you ensure that you keep up with the latest trends or changes are reviewed and understood
- Globally-minded: you're no stranger to global businesses; you're comfortable navigating the oft-treacherous waters of tax laws and requirements for companies growing outside the country
- Diligent: you don't see challenges, only opportunities for growth; when a project gets tough, you put your head down and push until a solution is discovered, never letting obstacle or failure quench your internal flame
- A team player: you're as comfortable working with groups as you are by your lonesome; from finance and legal groups to external vendors, you ask the right questions to understand what groups need and deliver it accordingly
- A people developer: you spend the time to teach others and yourself so the whole team benefits
- Manage tax compliance projects including income, sales, and property tax
- Guide other tax professionals as they create strategic reporting models
- Coordinate foreign tax compliance and external advisers
- Align our tax calendar with our strategic goals
- Drive special projects including international expansion, transfer pricing, research, memo writing, and complex tax computations
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.