Principal Software Engineer - League of Legends: Wild Rift
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As Principal Software Engineers, we collaborate with other engineers to implement technical solutions across Products at Riot. We work with teams to ensure engineering quality and stack applicability, and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
As a Principal Software Engineer on League of Legends: Wild Rift, you will be the Product Technical Lead. You will ensure the Riot development team and our partners are performing with technical excellence. This will involve understanding of core product and operations requirements and driving technical direction to put Wild Rift into our players’ hands. You will drive the engineering team towards sustainable and highly performant technology and modern development practices. You will report to the Product Engineering Lead.
(For more info on Wild Rift click here).
- Lead and shape the technical vision for the Wild Rift product, and be an essential member of League of Legends: Wild Rift's leadership team.
- Lead high-functioning, diverse technology teams; direct others and independently determine methods and procedures for key initiatives.
- Provide support and technical direction to other partner teams
- Mentors senior and staff engineers in both technical and soft skills
- Ensure the group is following engineering excellence which includes: code maintainability, quality, monitoring, operational excellence, and documentation. Provides and champions "definition of done" to their group
- Resolve systemic issues for the product
- 10+ years of relevant engineering industry experience
- Experience leading cross-functional technology organizations
- Deep experience building high-quality, scalable and sustainable software
- Experience working in an Agile and DevOps environment
- Experience across the development process of game development (i.e. - healthy development practices, collaborations between technology teams)
- Experience across the full stack (client, server, operations) of shipping and supporting live software as a service
- Shipped 3+ titles in the games or mobile industry
- Bi-Lingual fluency in English and Mandarin is a bonus
- Experience shipping Console titles
- Professional Unity / C# experience
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00). 189.00).