Game Designer - Wild Rift, Console
As a Game Designer, we design, tweak, and optimize the player experience. We use our analytical skills, player insight, and creativity to help craft in- and out-of-game experiences that engage and surprise players. We collaborate with interdisciplinary teams and work with every tool at hand to innovate and iterate player-focused designs that'll delight millions around the world.
As a Game Designer on Wild Rift's Console team, you will report into the Senior Game Design Manager. You will be an essential member to delivering an amazing League of Legends experience for millions of players around the world on Console. You will optimize the console gameplay experience, and ensuring competitive integrity across platforms. Including Gameplay Controls, Platform Integration, and ensuring Competitive Integrity between platforms.
- Design gameplay content systems including Champions, Game Balance, and Game Modes
- Work collaboratively with the Design and UX Leads to create great gameplay experiences across multiple console platforms
- Seek opportunities for new design spaces and opportunities in collaboration with Product Managers and External Advisors.
- Mentor and support other Game, UI, and UX designers on the team
- Create clear design documentation that can be evaluated and implemented by non-designers.
- 4+ years of experience in professional game design experience, with at least 2 years working on Consoles.
- Experience creating highly resonate content that appeals to specific player types
- Knowledge of game balance approaches and best practices
- Deep knowledge of the Console gaming landscape, features and audiences
- History of feature ownership in high speed development with successes in managing tradeoffs between bold goals and shipping value to players
- Can document the details of complex design structures and partnering with diverse teams members to provide those systems to players
- Strong communication, empathy, and patience needed to work with international teams working across the globe with variable audience needs
- Deep knowledge of League of Legends and MOBA Design
- Experience working on MOBAs or Mobile games
- User Experience or Player Onboarding Experience
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).