Software Engineer II - Riot Direct
Software Engineers at Riot help support our global player base by using their expertise to build efficient infrastructure solutions. We want to eliminate the need for human interaction with infrastructure by automating a range of responsibilities such as orchestration, deployments, or configuration management. Software Engineers craft systems and tools to make it easier for Rioters to ship code.
Our Software Engineers are exposed to a broad array of engineering practices and harness their own creativity to find new avenues for automation and improvement. You might be tasked with the creation and support of self-service APIs, simplifying and automating the deployment of fundamental services at scale, or designing the next generation of simple and federated authentication. We're looking for Software Engineers to not only create solutions for daily tasks, but to identify broader systems engineering problems. Armed with technical depth and a problem solving mindset, you'll advise teams across Riot to better support their systems needs. You will also mentor other Software Engineers. You will report directly to the Engineering Manager of our Infrastructure Platform - Core Infrastructure Services team.
- Create software solutions that increase and secure our player facing network.
- Write automation and testing tools using GoLang or Python.
- Develop, and Integrate with multiple types of service APIs that are used to handle multiple services
- Improve direction and design, encouraging agreement to improve overall strategy of infrastructure services across Riot
- Respond to and diagnose latest issues
- Produce comprehensive user documentation around your implemented solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or comparable field
- 6+ years industry experience
- Experience working with DevOps and Agile/Scrum teams
- Coding experience using languages such as: GoLang, C, C++, or Python
- Experience with development pipelines using docker, docker-compose, and Jenkins
- In-depth understanding of modern design patterns and paradigms, especially around API contracts, backend/fundamental services, scalability, and reliability
- Procient with basic networking and Linux troubleshooting methods and tools such as traceroute, free, lsof
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.