Esports Marketing Lead
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As an Esports Marketing Lead, you will drive our marketing campaigns, content production, PR, branding, offline events and community efforts for multiple products of LCK across one portfolio. You love to push convention and have an ambitious spirit. You accept the unknown and you are able to come up with ground breaking initiatives that will take our relationship with fans and league partners to the next level. You are eager to design marketing campaigns that genuinely engage fans and inspire them to dive into Esports. You spell team with 'we'.
As a Rioter in Seoul, you’ll join a tight knit group of exceptionally bright minded individuals who share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention, and passion for gaming. Riot Games Korea is dedicated to creating tailored player experiences that show local players they aren’t lost in translation.
- Conduct market research and build GTM strategy plans in order to grow LCK presence to global players.
- Design and oversee social media strategy implementation across LCK’s channels (LCK website, Instagram Facebook, YouTube, Twitch, Flicker, and etc), ensuring it aligns with our business goals and brand to maximize engagement.
- Create and publish Esports products, contents, announcements, and news generated from the Riot Central team.
- Build LCK communication strategy by collaborating with LCK public relations team.
- Plan and manage LCK related offline events (Finals, Road Show and etc).
- Use best-in-class agencies and run a small and nimble team with tight deadlines and constraints to craft effective and exciting GTM strategies.
- Define our Esports journey for our products as part of the GTM plan, LCK - where do players consume the product, how will players acquire, how will they socialize.
- Experienced: you are a well-honed marketing expert with at least 10 years of experience in marketing, demonstrating success in establishing best practices, analysis and trends, product positioning, creative and media strategies, PR, and promotions.
- English speaker: you are fluent in Korean and English with the context to understand and interpret both cultures.
- A creative: you have the ability to see the big picture and utilize your suite of skills to level up your team's creative ideas; you back up the strong marketing instincts with meticulous analysis, metrics, and statistics.
- A trusted leader: you lead, support and mentor your teammates on and off the court; you offer guidance and encouragement when the team needs support and fist bump when they are kicking ass.
- Player-focused: you are a player yourself, and you know all the ins and outs of PC gaming in Korea; you are ready to put your extensive gaming experience to work and build marketing initiatives that the players in Korea want to see.
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.