Director, Information Technology
Reporting to the VP of Security & IT, the Director of Information Technology at Riot Games oversees the successful execution of our global IT strategy and daily operations of our enterprise tools and infrastructure. You will inspire and lead a team of experienced IT professionals to accomplish important Riot business goals and priorities. You have a deep background in IT frameworks such as ITIL and the experience of implementing them. You are passionate about OKR and improvement motivated by measurement and metrics. The strongest candidates for this position will see IT as an engineering function that can unlock an organization's potential.
- You will help shape the long-term strategy, goals, and financial plans of the IT organization
- You will guide the implementation of our IT strategy and goals that support product requirements
- You will build and implement appropriate technical standards for IT operations and development
- Establish and lead to operational and capital financial targets
- You will develop and monitor metrics for all aspects of technical and operational performance
- Evaluate and select IT products, tools, partnerships, vendors, and solutions to meet all company and product needs
- Directly lead the operational and functional aspects of our IT operation to improve value to the company, product teams, and players
- You stay informed on the latest technology and IT trends; make informed decisions about changes in our IT strategies accordingly
- You will mentor IT technologists and leaders
- You will partner with game teams and other leaders to understand their IT needs
- Create automation of processes that allow Riot to grow
- 10+ years of leading IT operations or engineering teams at fast-growing companies
- Experience setting technical strategy on a company/global scale
- Skilled at team-building, performance management, and mentor-ship
- Experience at a senior IC level as an Infrastructure Engineer or Architect
- Experience implementing ITIL and managing Help Desk operations
- Experience with automation platforms such as ServiceNow is a plus
- Advanced Computer Science degree or equivalent experience
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.