Senior Accountant - Esports, North America
As a Senior Accountant - Esports, your precise work maintaining accurate financial records will ensure that we keep the lights on, the servers humming and the games launching. You will be involved in the daily accounting activities for the North American League of Legends Championship Series (“NALCS”) and Riot Games. Your hands-on accounting experience and in-depth understanding of accounting principals ensure the general ledger is keeping Riot on firm footing. You will mentor junior accountants on their career quests and help them level up their skills. Your passion for accurate financial reporting will help ensure Riot focus on our players throughout the globe.
Accountants, analysts, and advisors comprise the core of the Finance discipline at Riot, and our work ensures Riot’s offices and partners around the world are optimized for strength and speed -- financial and otherwise. We aim to improve and break the mold of finance organizations without forgoing our fiduciary responsibilities. If we’re not crunching numbers, you'll find us playing some of the latest games, pursuing our passions or upgrading our knowledge in accounting and finance.
- Address technical accounting issues related to new/complex transactions by identifying and addressing accounting issues, investigating the facts, and researching the proper accounting treatment
- Investigate fluctuations, monitor trends and identify unusual transactions in the accounts; work with other teams to gain an understanding of the story behind the movements
- Conduct monthly account reconciliations
- Prepare and enter journal entries for our established month-end reporting schedule
- Prepare annual financial documents and footnotes following GAAP, including drafting new disclosures to align with new accounting standards or new transactions.
- Improve existing processes by finding ways to add efficiency or quality
- Work with your teammates in both local and international offices
- Participate in training opportunities for yourself and the broader team
- Mentor staff accountants by helping them explore their passions and move their careers forward
- BA in Accounting
- Four years experience in public or corporate accounting
- Knowledge of GAAP standards
- Experience handling a variety of accounts
- CPA preferred
- Knowledge of ERP systems (Oracle preferred)
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.