Senior Software Engineer (Gameplay) - League, Merchant Guild Team
As Software Engineers at Riot, we bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas and also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. We work with both new and current technology, creating innovative solutions to overcome high-volume obstacles and to deliver player value.
As a Senior Software Engineer (Gameplay / Gameplay Tools) on the Merchant Guild team in League’s Player Immersion and Expression initiative, you will create new and unique feature-rich content types, develop tools and workflows that enhance the content that we deliver to players, and integrate the content into gameplay. The Merchant Guild team is focused on creating new and expressive content, innovative approaches to discovering and acquiring content, and immersive experiences that delight the players of League of Legends and Team Fight Tactics. As the Senior Software Engineer, you will be working with a passionate software team building solutions that can be reused across multiple products and games. You will report into the Engineering Manager.
- Build features and improve the tools that raise the quality of League content. You will also enhance build and deployment tooling.
- Lead architecture requirements, design, and implementation, and perform code reviews.
- Support artists in their art workflows, collecting data to further improve the tools they are using, making recommendations and improvements where necessary.
- Collaborate with production and art discipline leads to develop long-term vision and strategies that improve the content creation workflows.
- Prototype and test new content features, and improve product visibility through monitoring and alerting.
- Provide mentorship to technical artists and engineers.
- 5+ years of experience as a gameplay or game tools engineer.
- Expertise in C++ and Python. Lua scripting experience is a bonus.
- Experience with technical design, programming, and CS fundamentals.
- Experience identifying inefficiencies in processes, tools, workflows and creating solutions to eliminate these inefficiencies.
- Experience with profiling and addressing performance and scale problems.
- Knowledge of artist tools such as Maya, PhotoShop, 3D Studio Max, Wwise etc.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).