Software Engineer I, Build - VALORANT
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As a Software Engineer, you’ll be exposed to both new and current technology while building innovative solutions to overcome high-volume obstacles and deliver player value.
VALORANT is Riot’s take on a character-based tactical shooter (for more info on VALORANT click here!). As a Software Engineer I focused on build and deploy systems on the VALORANT team, you are responsible for helping Riot build a brand new AAA title at quality and as a live service. You will help build tools and infrastructure for other engineers & content creators to be more effective. You will report to the Engineering Manager on the team.
- Build and maintain the technology that powers one of our new AAA games
- Support the continuous delivery mechanisms for delivering the build to internal and external players.
- Build tools and infrastructure which help the entire studio be more effective
- Work on Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD)
- Enabling rapid testing and iteration through playtesting
- 3+ years of experience as a Software Engineer
- 3+ years of experience working on build and deploy systems
- Experience with Object Oriented programming
- Experience working with Jenkins or another similar pipeline
- Experience supporting a live service-driven game
- Experience with C++ and game development
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00)