Senior Manager, Production - Legends of Runeterra
As a Senior Manager, Production at Riot, you’ll lead a team of accomplished developers and guide efforts to ship creative gameplay systems and features. You will work with your team to collaboratively create a compelling product vision and lead the team through execution of that vision. Every day, you will make important decisions to react to new information, prioritize efforts, and create a healthy team environment.
Legends of Runeterra (LoR) is our new collectible card game featuring beloved Champions from the League of Legends universe. As the Senior Manager, Production, you’ll lead our Gameplay Initiative. Reporting to the Game Director you’ll lead efforts to provide the absolute best gameplay experience possible for our players. You will work with teams and features across the entire game to build memorable events and moments, and develop features that challenge genre conventions and evolve the LoR experience.
- Establish the vision for the Gameplay Initiative, in addition to driving organization and delivery of the team’s feature work.
- Communicate the vision of features and hold the team accountable to the broader team, players and partners.
- Partner with cross-discipline Leads to support a healthy, empowered team.
- Prioritize work for the team on an ongoing basis and make important on-the-ground calls to keep the team moving.
- Oversee the daily team production operations, including growing an organized and up-to-date work backlog, facilitating team meetings and decisions.
- Identify risks and mitigation tactics, leading the team through execution of the product vision.
- Ship essential Gameplay features and content, and validate that results improve our outcomes.
- Report sprint commitment tracking: velocity on sprint and release, dependency and risk, quality(bug count, bug velocity, subjective quality post ship), rolling progress back into master project tracking.
- Mentor and develop producers.
- Stay connected to our players through playtesting and working with players on our channels.
- 7 + years of experience shipping games in a production role
- 3 + years of experience having product management responsibilities on free to play games which were operated as a service
- Experience leading teams through feature development (planning, execution, delivery, post-release support)
- Experience with live games
- Strategic planning, feature development, iterating live service.
- Passion for strategy games with an affinity to Collectible Card Games
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.