QA Engineer - Player Platform, Account Experiences
At Riot, we believe “QA” is more than the bug finding process that follows months of development work. For us it’s a set of values, practices and behaviors that inform every part of the development process. Riot QA assists our engineers, artists and designers to accomplish their best work, and the best way to work. Through iteration and fast cycles, we refine our choices and identify process and product defects early, thus protecting the player from flaws and distractions. By honing our craft of quality and demonstrating cross discipline partnerships we are improving how quickly we can bring while reaching ever higher degrees of product integrity. We help Riot sustainably craft excellent experiences for our players, globally.
As a Senior QA Analyst on the Account Experiences team, you’ll help us test and build a suite of Account related products. Account Experiences provides globally distributed identity services that help power all games at Riot. Your expertise will partner with your player focus to provide secure Account related features that bring value to millions of players across many games.
You will report to the QA Manager of Player Platform.
- Promote creation and execution of a team-level quality strategy in partnership with QA Leadership
- Work with Product Owner and team members to understand user stories and inform quality decisions
- Reduce product risks through confirmation and regression testing
- Escalate risks and quality concerns to product leadership
- Contribute to the creation and maintenance of automated tests
- Handle communication related to test status with all partners
- Guide external partner teams, overseeing and auditing their work
- Manage the defect database for the team, setting and enforcing best practices
- Create test plans, test cases, and establish the structure and rhythm of testing
- Improve on methods of test execution at the team-level
- 2+ years of software QA experience
- Experience testing services
- Experience with strategic goal setting
- QA experience working on backend systems and services in game development
- Comfortable with deep-dive investigations and testing technical implementations.
- Experience using test tools such as Swagger, SQL, Postman, and SoapUI
- Experience with Perforce and Git
- Experience with mobile testing
- ISTQB Foundation Level Certification
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).