Social Strategist (Contract) - Creative & IP Development
For Publishing, having a player-focused mindset is important; we’re not here to be the center of attention. The team includes people with a wide array of experiences, from experienced veterans to green rookies, who all share a love of gaming and the belief we can always grow and improve in our craft. A primary goal at Riot is to ensure that the exterior our players and partners see is matched by how we see ourselves. We expect our Publishing teams to exemplify that spirit in all they do, and to empower and inspire Rioters at all levels to create the best player experience possible.
As a Social Strategist on the Creative and IP Development team, you will report to the Director of Brand Management. You will work with the Publishing and Creative Leads on Riot Music and Riot Forge to develop social plans, support efforts, and roll-out execution, and upkeep channels. You'll uphold best practices, working within Riot’s social and content ecosystem and tools to manage thoughtful content across multiple teams. You will participate in a community of practice around social media, ensuring we're all pushing in the same direction and working from the same playbook when we talk to players on Riot's and our players' social channels.
- Demonstrate strategic insight to develop long-term execution plans in collaboration with Brand Leads, translating goals into social media targets
- Manage multiple social channels for your team and manage communities with a players-first mindset
- Work across the department to determine integrated goals and plans, both ongoing and at the campaign level - from ideation to execution
- Identify and assess our media channels for storytelling, using paid media targeting and amplification when needed
- Manage campaigns, working with senior team members, identifying needed adjustments and optimizations
- Work with Brand Managers to publish content through appropriate Riot backend publishing channels
- Develop copy for all social content on relevant channels
- Travel for industry events
- 3+ years in social or digital media, at an agency or in-house
- Experience in digital/PR/social media
- Proficient in social media tools and software (Spredfast, Sprinklr)
- In-depth knowledge and curiosity of digital media landscape
- Excellent copywriting skills
- Experience managing social budgets across multiple platforms
- Experience in the music industry
- Experience in game publishing
- Experience managing vendors
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.