Senior Manager, Software Engineering - Riot Direct
Job Id: REQ-0000585
As an Engineering Manager at Riot, you'll build a highly functioning engineering team. You enjoy getting in the weeds and have broad experience in both organizational design and infrastructure.
As a Senior Manager, Software Engineering within Riot Direct, you will guide the technical direction of several infrastructure products, e.g. managing our physical or cloud servers, optimizing Riot’s container engine, or improving core services. You will be both a mentor and a coach for your team as you oversee performance management, growth opportunities, and accountability for a group of Infrastructure, Systems, and Network engineers. You’ll be a member of a leadership team responsible for the broader health of the organization and participating in helping shape its direction through long term road mapping, headcount planning, and engagement with the entirety of our hiring process. Outside of IP, you’ll build relationships with engineering groups across Riot to ensure your team is delivering value to developers and to our millions of players.
- Provide technical leadership to your team through assisting with automation and code reviews, design reviews, roadmap planning, and prioritization
- Manage resources with cloud service providers as well as with physical network devices within Riot global infrastructure.
- Contribute to all parts of the employee life-cycle, including recruiting, hiring, managing, and mentoring engineers
- Regularly assess the team's maturity, health, and composition as you strive for cohesion and technical excellence in delivery
- Build strong relationships across the Engineering discipline to ensure teams are focused on delivering high impact infrastructure solutions for engineers and players
- Bachelors in Computer Science
- 3+ years as an engineering manager leading teams
- 7+ years Working with automation such as ansible, puppet, chef, terraform, etc.
- Knowledge of Linux and/or Windows operating systems
- Knowledge of enterprise networking to include an understanding of BGP, OSPF, MPLS
- Experience managing successful high-capacity, large-scale, development projects
- Technical depth in networking
- Knowledgeable of the full life-cycle of feature development within an Agile environment (e.g. creating roadmaps, creating a vision, prioritization, planning, etc)
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!))
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).