Senior Software Engineer (Services) - Teamfight Tactics
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As Software Engineers, we work with both new and current technology, creating innovative solutions to overcome high-volume obstacles and to deliver player value.
As a Senior Software Engineer (Services) on Teamfight Tactics, you will work on a multi-disciplinary team with artists, designers and product managers to create and support the many facets of play. You will be accountable for ensuring technical excellence of partner teams working on services and features to support building new game features. You will report to an Engineering manager on the Teamfight Tactics team.
- Create and operate the microservices that enable features in and around Teamfight Tactics
- Work with a team of experts to design and build new game features.
- Ensure the team is adhering to engineering excellence which includes: code maintainability, quality, monitoring, operational excellence, and documentation. Provides and champions "definition of done" to their team
- Be on rotational on-call for live product support and operational assessment
- Provide meaningful code reviews for other members of the team
- Work collaboratively with non technical customers to accomplish deliverables
- Mentor other engineers in technical skills
- 5+ years of deep hands-on programming experiences in one of the following programming languages: Java, C/C++, Go
- Experience with distributed systems and an understanding of utilizing concurrency to achieve high throughput requirements
- Experience with maintaining web services coupled with handling emergent and on-call issues
- Experience developing large systems from scratch, including gathering requirements, designing scalable, production-ready architecture, breaking down the project into smaller work items, and leading the development across multiple contributors
- Experience implementing software engineering best practices within your team, including design reviews, coding standards, code reviews, tools improvements, source control management, build processes, and testing
- Prior game development experience at any level
- Understand networking - HTTP down to the network layer (TCP/IP, routing, etc)
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker
- Experience with C / C++
- Understand software performance and influence latency in online games
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).