Product Manager II
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints. That's where you come in.
As Product Manager II focused on Riot São Paulo, you'll report to the local leader of the discipline in our office. You will lead passionate diverse teams to deliver strategic projects that'll unlock Riot's ability to achieve player value, while identifying ways of making our Publishing Team more efficient. By coordinating cross-functional teams, you'll guide development, smash through obstacles, and push projects across the finish-line and into players’ hands. You'll help to concept, deliver, enhance, and influence projects at every stage of production. You'll do all of this in service of an ambitious transformation of Riot's model to become a multi-game company, an adaptable, efficient, and effective machine that multiplies Riot's ability to provide player value.
As a São Paulo Rioter, you’ll join a growing team of player-focused pros that share a rejection of convention and a maniacal passion for gaming. Riot Games São Paulo is dedicated to creating tailored player experiences that show local players they aren’t lost in translation.
- Manage project life cycle end-to-end from kick-off to go-live, across web and mobile
- Ensure partner goals are met, whilst controlling scope, budget, and timelines
- Develop a deep understanding of our players to partner with global product and publishing teams, and facilitate development of campaigns to attract hearts and minds of our Brazilian audience
- Lead analytical and quantitative analysis to consolidate the Publishing KPI report and to predict important metric-based performance of our games and publishing campaigns
- As a capable self-manager, you inspire others, provide meaningful and constructive criticism, and stay calm and collected in crisis
- Manage and communicate with 3rd parties (including vendors) involved in project delivery
- Contribute to overall departmental planning and resourcing across project teams
- Ensure best practices in project delivery are maintained and adapted
- You've earned your bachelor's or you have around 5 years' of experience working with teams in an Agile environment, and have worked with or led a team through a full project cycle, from ideation to production.
- You understand the constraints of project delivery across scope, time and budget and will have applied this knowledge previously.
- You guide teams down the right path even if it’s unpopular or difficult to traverse to ensure it provides optimal value.
- You know how to build agreement without needing consensus, can anticipate reactions from partners, and guide them on decisions based on facts and past.
- You acted as a Producer, Agile Coach, Development Manager, or Engineering Manager
- You have a background in product marketing and/or working with Marketing and Communications Teams
- You use your suite of skills to level up your team's creative ideas; you back up those strong marketing instincts with analysis, metrics, and stats. You know a thing or two about product design and design thinking.
- You have deep experience in informing and building release roadmaps, identifying essential path issues while pulling together strike forces to blast through barriers and ship content to players
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will certainly be looking at your past studies and experience, but for this role, we also look for dedicated people with a personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
- Medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play funds so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.