Corporate Development Manager
The Corporate Development team strives to promote Riot's goals through partnerships, investments, and acquisitions. We conduct research and evaluation of games and businesses, conduct due diligence, negotiate deals and manage a portfolio of investments in game studios and gaming technology companies. Recent deals include Riot's investment in Mainframe Industries and the acquisition of Hypixel Studios.
As a Corporate Development Manager reporting to the Sr. Manager, Corporate Development, you will help Riot better understand investment and acquisition opportunities in specific gaming genres and technology sectors, promote interaction between portfolio companies and experts throughout Riot, and meet with external companies and investors. You will fuel future innovation at Riot by pairing a thoughtful long-term view on the games industry with the ability to ensure founders and developers understand why Riot is the best place in the industry to make games with a focus on player experience. You will see through transactions from start to finish, ensuring successful integrations and maximizing the potential of our partnerships and you will foster meaningful and long-term relationships with developers and founders across gaming, technology, and other industries by contributing to their success in any way you can.
You will also contribute to Riot's commitment to mature the broader gaming ecosystem, with a focus on identifying and supporting underrepresented founders.
- Using Riot's strategic goals, you will identify and recommend relevant opportunities that can meet those investment and acquisition goals
- Keep Riot on the forefront of gaming development with investments and acquisitions
- Conduct research reports on genres and business models of interest
- Assist/lead on investments and acquisitions – including research, evaluation, recommendation, due diligence, deal negotiations and post-deal integration
- Assist/lead in the management of Riot's portfolio of investments and acquisitions
- Support the efforts of Riot's Underrepresented Founders program by communicating with founders, planning workshops, and coordinating funding
- Originate deals through your growing network of founders and investors
- Bachelor's degree
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Experience preparing written reports for an executive audience
- Experience in venture capital, investment banking, game publishing, management consulting, corporate strategy, and corporate development roles
- Understanding of major players in the gaming ecosystem
- Experience with deal evaluation and financial modeling
- Experience working with/on product development teams in the gaming and broader tech industry
- Existing network of game developers, founders, and startups
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).