Technical Product Manager - Central Player Dynamics (Contract)
Technical Product Managers combine deep technical knowledge and experience with product leadership capabilities to enable Riot to deliver key products and supporting systems to players. You will develop and execute product strategies on Riot's products and technologies while leading diverse teams to deliver creative solutions to our most difficult technical challenges.
As a Technical Product Manager on the Central Player Dynamics team, you will first work with our designers and product team to articulate the vision, informed by our technical capabilities and roadmap. You will then work closely with our engineers and quality team as they architect, build, and deploy our services, finally serving as the primary point of contact with our partner teams as they integrate our technology into their games.
The Central Player Dynamics team builds the platform that Riot’s games use to ensure a safe and fun interactive gaming experience. We build the technology that is used to encourage our players to behave in a positive manner and the systems that detect and act upon that behavior when they don’t. You will report to the production lead for Riot Central Player Dynamics.
- Work with Design to propose and test new functionality that will improve our players’ experiences across our games and around the world.
- Establish and document the architecture and interfaces used to access this new functionality
- Understand the needs and use cases of the Player Support product and engineering teams and serve as the primary point of contact for integration with Central Player Dynamics services, ensuring their tools and processes are appropriately updated to implement new functionality
- Manage multiple essential customer and partner relationships including game teams and other internal Riot teams developing vertically integrated customer-facing capabilities (Riot Client, League+, Riot Player Support, etc.) .
- Manage important requirements, customer and partner communications, and ensure the product team is aligned with Service Level Agreements and Riot's goals
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years experience leading empowered, Agile engineering teams to accomplish product outcomes and meet customer needs / API technical product teams
- Demonstrated experience in translating technical requirements into product requirements
- Understand cloud infrastructure technology and how it is used by customers and the partner ecosystem
- Agile Engineering experience: BDD/ TDD, Pair programming, Continuous Integration/Deployment/Delivery, Emergent Architecture
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).