Senior Release Manager - Player Platform, Flight
Release Managers improve the product delivery pipeline with a delivery mindset using both process and technology at your disposal. You understand what fuels games as a live service and have a passion to improve the experience for internal developers getting content out the door, and more importantly, the players. You’re a communication expert able to create efficient and clear messages to any size group or situation. You’ll wrangle process and organize teams to keep momentum building, encouraging teamwork and continuous improvement across the organization.
As a Release Manager III on the Player Platform, Flight team, you will support the updating and deploying our games (League, VALORANT, Legends of Runeterra, and more) across the globe. You will work with developers on the Flight team, ensuring that everyone is set up for success at every stage leading up to releases. You will encourage knowledge sharing and design release guidelines to be implemented across the team.
As a Release Manager on the Flight Team, you’ll report into the Senior Manager, Software Engineering of Riot's Developer Platform group.
- Manage the Riot Client release cycle process end-to-end.
- Lead projects that improve the development cycle or release process and tools.
- Work closely with product team leadership to help manage major releases for product and feature launches
- Coordinate the release process for our partners in Tencent and Garena.
- Assess the risks of release schedule, milestones, and deployment plans to ensure the safe and reliable release of any content, feature, patch, or product.
- Hold teams accountable for delivering and maintaining a high bar for the quality of their product’s release.
- 5+ years of experience in a Release or Live Operations role, with at least 3 years of of experience as a Release Manager
- 3+ Years experience in:
- Ambiguous problem spaces and dealing with issues that do not always have a process or a system in place
- A role that requires learning new processes and technology
- 3+ years in a role as (or similar to):
- Release Manager
- Product Manager
- Quality Assurance testing experience.
- Have a solid understanding of game or software development process - How both client and server code moves through the development pipeline to various different environments and patchlines.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).