Development Director - Player Platform
Development Directors are leaders of delivery leaders at Riot. We lead teams to deliver player value through effective agile work systems and practices. While driving internal alignment and accountability for teams and development organizations, we consistently focus on continual improvement. Development Directors offer strong leadership and mentorship to help others to level-up their craft Riot-wide.
As the Development Director for the Riot Player Platform, you will work with leaders of multiple Product Groups across Riot, Player Platform Engineering Leads, and other disciplines to build the Riot Player Platform that enables distribution, player connectivity, and essential gaming and e-commerce services to all Riot games. You will help manage the development from pre-production through to launch, working with company partners.
You will report directly to the Executive Producer of the Riot Player Platform.
- Build and lead a team of mid to senior producers and project managers (5-10) who lead product teams building platform capabilities that operate current Riot games or are necessary to the launch of future games
- Ensure projects are on time, on budget, and up to quality to support the Riot launch of new games and gaming features.
- Ensure a repeatable and efficient product planning and project management process for the Player Platform which integrates with the larger organizational worksystems at Riot.
- Identify and organize resolution of dependencies, blockers, or risks to launching new platform capabilities or to major game releases
- Report to executive leadership on progress, risks, and mitigation plans and strategy
- Collaborate with discipline leadership peers in Design, Engineering, Quality, and Publishing in leading the Riot Player Platform organization
- 10+ years experience shipping software platforms globally, acting as the accountable party
- Experience leading mid- to large-size product teams
- Experience acting as people manager for teams of Producers or Program Managers
- P&L management and solid financial knowledge and business-focused decision-making
- Excellent partner and customer management skills
- Lead creation and management of development schedules, tracking towards milestones, and facilitating trade offs necessary to ensure teams execution
- Expertise in understanding and applying software development, engineering and quality assurance processes
- Experience leading matrixed organizations of 100+ individuals across multiple disciplines highly desired
- Expertise in game publishing (marketing / release strategy), game development, or game platforms highly desired
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.