Product Manager II - Player Platform, Game Agnostic Platform Services
As a Product Manager, you’ll lead passionate a cross disciplined team in delivering digital products and features to our players from ideation to deployment. You’re passionate about understanding the needs of customers, the health of the team, the direction of the business and how to translate that understanding into outstanding delivery of products.
As a Product Manager II on the Game Agnostic Platform Services team, you serve as both the product owner and delivery leader for the team. The Game Agnostic Platform Services team provides functionality that is commonly used in any game. By concentrating expertise in game platforms, we are able to offer robust, scalable features to all current and future Riot games. Game teams integrating with these offerings are then freed up to focus on content and features to delight our players.
You will report to the Senior Manager of Development Management in our Meta Game Services Initiative.
- Manage a predictable delivery schedule.
- Manage teams work-system and work with initiative leadership and other team leads to improvement the work-system.
- Manage team rituals such sprint planning, daily stand-ups, demos, reviews and retrospectives.
- Lead continuous improvement of team performance.
- Work with Initiative Product Manager to manage the team's backlog according to strategic priorities; break down strategic goals into team goals and user stories.
- Lead user story definition, prioritization and acceptance of completed work.
- Ensure risks around development progress, velocity, team health, and product evaluations (KPS/Goals) are are identified and reduced .
- Keep the team focused during execution by discerning between emergent distractions and valuable pursuits.
- Manage communications with external groups on delivery expectations.
- Coordinate with other team leads to manage staffing and resource needs.
- Communicate and report outcomes and results to leadership.
- Ensure the team's health and sustainable pace.
- 5+ years of experience leading empowered, Agile teams of teams to accomplish product outcomes
- 3+ years of experience as an Agile Product Owner
- 3+ years of experience coaching development team in use of Agile and Lean process and practices
- Agile Engineering experience: BDD/ TDD, Pair programming, Continuous Integration/Deployment/Delivery, Emergent Architecture
- Expertise with User Story Mapping, User Journey Mapping and other work decomposition methods
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).