Senior Software Engineer - Production Release Engineering
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the chance to work in many broader domains. As a Senior Software Engineer in Player Platform, you will lead efforts to improve service performance. You will also use your deep technical knowledge and passion to achieve that excellence. Our players are depending on you to provide an uninterrupted game experience. Additionally, you will work with other technical and nontechnical teams, both inside and outside of Riot, to make Player Platform and its supporting teams operate at their best. You will report into the Sr. Manager, Software Engineering of the Flight initiative.
The Production Release Engineering team has shared responsibility for the deployment tech and release process for Player Platform software including the Riot Games SDK, Riot Client, Mobile Force (a.k.a. League Friends/League Connect), and the 50 microservices that Player Platform operates. This spans live Riot Regions, partner regions (Tencent and Garena), eSports, and staging pipelines for all of these environments.
- Ensure that Player Platform services are up and operating as expected through system monitoring and forming close relationships with other teams.
- Mentor team members
- Quickly correct any system faults or failures that are affecting players
- Perform maintenance on systems and infrastructure as necessary to keep the game operating effectively
- Work independently on essential extended-scoped projects
- Ensure that system, service, and network capacity is sufficient to support current and expected demand
- Write and otherwise document procedures for yourself and others to systematically perform that maintenance
- Create tools to optimize operational tasks
- 5+ years of Technical Operations experience supporting live 24/7 services including building, deploying, securing, monitoring, and fixing systems at scale.
- Experience with Linux systems at scale on cloud platforms
- Experience with one or more of the following programming languages: Python, Golang, Java.
- Deep experience and understanding of database systems including database interrogation and migration
- Experience with cloud infrastructure and application security including identifying security problems and addressing potential threats
- Write software especially tools to help support systems
- Experience supporting game infrastructure
- Experience creating, deploying, and managing containerized services
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00)