Marketing Communications II - Player Platform
Riot Games was founded in 2006 by Brandon Beck and Marc Merrill with the intent to change the way video games are made and supported for players. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to worldwide acclaim. The game has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. Players are the foundation of our community and it’s for them we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience. Riot Games is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA and has 23 offices worldwide.
The Communications team aim to shape Riot’s worldwide identity and reputation. We cover everything important to Riot's brand and work with all teams, sharing news with millions of players around the world who love our games, our IP, and our massively popular esports. We love games and enjoy telling the great stories that come with them.
As a Marketing Communications II on the Player Platform team, you will create communication strategies for our team’s products aligned to the platform publishing and development plans and promote awareness and visibility of the team’s mission and main products across Riot. You’ll also draft player facing communications around important updates.You will report directly to the Director of Brand Management.
- Create internal and external communications road maps for each team (Player Platform, Riot GO, Game Studios)
- Craft player facing messaging highlighting updates and improvements to platform systems and new feature additions
- Advocate for communications needs and prioritization among the leadership teams
- Lead our teams to define strategy and identify key speaking opportunities and engagements to help with talent acquisition efforts
- Align with product leadership to champion great player communication across our portfolio of products and highlighting and mitigating risks
- Be an expert for communications best practices within the leadership team
- Set measurable goals for communications and evaluate and adjust strategies based on insights
- 5+ years experience in a communications or brand management/marketing field
- A strong collaborator who believes that the best outcomes are a result of passionate people with diverse ideas and perspectives
- An experienced leader with unshakable confidence and a cool head in crisis
- A wordsmith with a bullet proof command of the English Language
- A master planner able to break daunting tasks down into achievable goals
- A natural mediator, able to find common ground in any room
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).