Director, Marketing Art - League, Wild Rift, and TFT
As Art Directors at Riot, we oversee the quality and management of teams with a focus on Mission, Direction, and Cohesion. Our scope of responsibilities include overall culture, performance, and growth of our teams and the world-class work they provide.
As the Director of Marketing Art for League, Wild Rift, and TFT, your role is to oversee art direction and brand identity development for League of Legends, Teamfight Tactics and Wild Rift. You will lead and support your team by advocating for artistic quality and effective collaboration on a broad range of brand and marketing initiatives. You will report to the Director of Creative Leadership for LoL Inc. Marketing.
- Inspire artists and leaders with vision for Art in marketing that supports Riot’s purpose and mission
- Build a creative organization that recruits, hires and develops outstanding artists to support LoL Inc. Marketing needs
- Develop and drive the strategy for efficient creative development pipelines, tooling and scalable outsourcing
- Partner with Marketing leadership to define the roadmap, scope, budget, and resourcing for League of Legends, Teamfight Tactics and Wild Rift
- Drive art leaders across the League of Legends IP to develop unique brands that resonate with players around the world
- Hold art leadership accountable for the growth and career development of their team in craft, collaboration and process
- Communicate process and creative standards effectively across the marketing organization to create brand consistency
- Ensure a healthy development pace, performance measurements and compensation consistency for artists and team leads
- Grow the team and develop onboarding / offboarding plans
- 8+ years of professional experience, including 4+ years in a leadership role for a creative organization
- A diverse portfolio of brands, showcasing resonant experiences across a variety of audiences and platforms
- History of organizational leadership to produce results
- Persistent self-education around innovations in marketing creative
- Demonstrated ability to lead inspiring, diverse teams
For this role, you'll find success through leadership expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
- Experience with Tools: Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, or video production software
- Experience in motion graphics, illustration, animation, or 2D/CG Production
- User experience as it relates to web, mobile, console, and software development
- Knowledge of League of Legends IP and other industry competitors
- Game publishing experience
- Creative direction and campaign strategic development experience
- Project management and organizational design experience
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).