Senior Release Manager - Riot Game Operations
The Senior Release Manager for Certification and Submissions ensures successful submissions to mobile 1st parties across a series of projects and game teams.
You will maintain 1st party requirements, supporting and facilitating the submissions process in partnership with game team release managers, evolving and maintaining a workflow/process, collaborating laterally to promote best practices, and tracking and presenting outcomes and ongoing recommendations to the Head of Game Lifecycle Operations.
You will work with Game Team Release Managers, Producers, Engineers, Publishing, and other leads to guarantee a well-defined and reliable mobile 1st party submissions process, and to promote the long-term vision of Riot Games Submissions team. The Senior Release Manager will report directly to a Director of QA in the LAX office.
- You'll work with Game Team Release Managers and the Senior Manager, Strategic Accounts to build an operational strategy on how we submit and release our products to Apple and Google.
- Organize the submission process in partnership with game team Release Managers, platform teams, Worldwide Publishing and other important partners to ensure that all activities are performed following a high standard.
- Help develop efficient use of the required tools.
- Work with partners to ensure the most efficient workflow/process is implemented.
- Encourage knowledge sharing and release guidelines to be implemented across teams, educating Game Teams on 1st Party submissions best practices, and inspiring change to ensure that submission processes are error free.
- Ensure launch readiness by implementing standards around submission - release pipeline, milestone checkpoints, and delivery tools.
- Maintain a complete understanding of all product schedules and dependencies and needs on a global scale.
- Maintain 1st Party news & requirement updates to Game Teams, Certification Team, and other internal partners.
- Escalate and alert when processes are compromised, product releases are at risk, or submissions have failed.
- At least 4 years as a release manager where you have shipped at least two games on mobile
- Experience overseeing the end-to-end life-cycle of game development and are comfortable managing multiple simultaneous projects
- Experience managing the release management and launch of games across Apple and Google
- Experience with project tracking software (JIRA, Favro)
- Experience with 1st party developer portal sites, SDKs and tools
- Fluent in Product Development Pipelines and Workflows
- Experience with strategic goal setting and tactical execution