Senior Animation Artist - Unpublished R&D Product
As a member of the Animation team, you bring champions to life through classic animation principles and body mechanics. You will create high quality animations for a diverse and rapidly growing universe, including bipeds, quadrupeds, and creatures. A great reel will showcase a variety of walk cycles, a diverse selection of game-related animation, and a strong foundation in the principles of animation, including weight, anticipation, and impact. Also working to expand our current content pipeline, you will collaborate with designers and artists to develop new features and technologies. Your craft expertise will breathe life into iconic and beloved characters for players.
As a Senior Animation Artist on the Research & Development (R&D) team, you will be responsible for all aspects of animation prototype development. This includes highly iterative animations for gameplay exploration, animation tree creation, and some rigging work. The role requires an eye for cinematography and an understanding how to frame action sequences. You’ll work closely with the design team to help refine the overall feel for the game. As your game project progresses into pre-production your responsibilities would shift toward animation style development. You will report to the Art Director for the project.
- Create animation assets for highly iterative gameplay prototypes
- Create animated action sequences with camera work
- Continuously deliver animations assets that fulfill the requirements of the project
- Recognize areas of opportunity for animation to enhance gameplay
- Meet project deadlines promptly without compromising artistic integrity
- Consistently communicate with the team by giving and receiving feedback, directing next steps, and providing clear goals and outcomes to your team
- 6+ years of professional experience working in animation and rigging
- 6+ years of professional experience working in Maya
- Strong experience working with various game engines from licensed to proprietary (Unity, Unreal, etc.)
- Strong sense of game design and gameplay
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Experience with pre-viz’d action sequences
- Experience in cinematography and camera work
- Experience shipping a game title in Unreal
As a part of the application process, you will be expected to provide a portfolio or demo reel of their work and may be asked to complete an art test.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).