Associate Art Director - Unpublished R&D Product
Associate Art Directors at Riot oversee the quality and management of a team with a focus on Mission, Direction, and Cohesion. Your scope of responsibilities covers a wide range of initiatives. These responsibilities include overall culture, performance, and growth of your direct reports, and gaining alignment with other several discipline leads.
As an Associate Art Director within Research and Development, you’ll be responsible for moving a game from prototype through pre-production and into production. You’ll manage a cross discipline team of artists, set art goals, and own the execution strategy. You will identify strategic art resource needs and promote hiring for all art roles on the team. As a part of the leadership team, you’ll develop strategies and eliminate obstacles with other leaders to achieve broader product goals. You will report to the Art Director of Research and Development.
- Establish and guide a vision that is aligned with the project goals
- Set product-wide art goals and timelines
- Work closely with design to ensure the art supports the game experience
- Balance visual satisfaction and gameplay clarity to ensure amazing worlds and characters
- Create concept art and production paintings
- Set a clear vision, provide feedback, and build trust with your team
- Solve problems with excellent follow through
- Build, manage, lead, and mentor a team of artists
- A minimum of 10+ years experience developing art in the games industry
- Professional experience managing other game artists and art leaders
- Professional experience establishing creative vision and strategy
- Deep knowledge of various art sub-disciplines
- Knowledge of current trends in games
- Extreme proficiency in art fundamentals, visual storytelling and color theory
- Knowledge of the League of Legends game and IP
- A portfolio that backs up your ability to set a marketable artistic vision
As a part of the application process, candidates will be expected to provide a portfolio or demo reel of their work.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).