Visual Design Artist - Esports
As a Visual Designer on the Esports Digital team, you will design esports product interfaces, create mock-ups and style guides, illustrate icons and other creative assets, and create other UI and product-marketing assets for fan-facing esports products. You will work with the Visual Design Lead, UX Lead, and other Product Leads and Engineers in a close manner.
The Esports Digital team develops global products aimed to improve the way fans of our esports watch and engage with the sport. Our team’s products serve millions of esports fans around the world. We have only scratched the surface of what esports can be; the work you do will directly affect the sustainability, story-telling, and fan experience for all Riot Esports. You will report into the Senior Product Manager on the Esports Digital team.
- Design esports fan-focused experiences for web, mobile, and broadcast products that players love
- Maintain and push the quality bar for Riot Esports branded experiences for all relevant game titles (League of Legends, VALORANT)
- Craft mood boards and other visual assets with the Visual Design, UX, and Product Leads to develop and reinforce brand identities, brand kits and style guides
- Apply design solutions across multiple layouts, platforms, and devices
- Develop templates and standards to improve artistic consistency and efficiency
- Work with a creative team to establish product and product-marketing deliverables and workflow
- Advocate and work with the Visual Design and UX leads to improve team processes and workflows
- 2+ years of professional experience as a Visual Designer designing for web and mobile
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, design and brand development fundamentals
- For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise and a collaborative spirit that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
- Knowledge of Figma
- Experience in a secondary craft such as motion graphics, illustration, animation, or modeling
- User Experience as it relates to web, mobile and software development
- Knowledge of the game development pipeline and tools, such as Perforce, Unity or Unreal
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.