Development Manager II - Riot Game Operations, Platform Operations
Riot Games was founded in 2006 by Brandon Beck and Marc Merrill with the intent to change the way video games are made and supported for players. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to worldwide acclaim. The game has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. Players are the foundation of our community and it’s for them we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience. Riot Games is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA and has 23 offices worldwide.
The Riot GO Platform Operations Development Manager II reports to the Riot GO Platform Operations Senior Development Manager. Riot GO Platform Operations creates and operates the tooling and rituals run by RGO that coordinate the launch and operation of Riot products with operational excellence. In addition to typical Producer qualities, you’ll need strong technical knowledge and curiosity and the ability to work effectively through influence and work groups. We operate with transparency and candor and we embrace and welcome the participation and feedback of Riot GO Platform Operations constituents. We’re also kind of nerdy tooling junkies who love to solve problems and challenges to achieve outcomes and drive impact. If you’re drawn to systems thinking, building great tools and processes that empower others, delighting users, and tackling hard problems, maybe this challenge is for you!
- Facilitation of the Riot GO Platform Operations Scrum of Scrum rituals and related discussions.
- Execution of the RGO Portfolio intake and change management process.
- Support RGO planning and quarterly roadmap rituals.
- Execution of the Riot GO Platform Operations tooling work group rituals and activities that sustain and improve the tooling:
- Facilitation, leadership and evolution of the rituals that collaborate to debate and align on approaches to evolve and improve the Riot GO Platform Operations tooling.
- Grooming, triage, maintenance and evolution of the Riot GO Platform Operations work group delivery tooling (including Jira boards, Dashboards, Structures), training materials, runbooks, and other Riot GO Platform Operations tooling artifacts.
- Creation, maintenance, and evolution of Riot GO Platform Operations work group dashboards and reports that visualize and focus the team on strategic outcomes and impact goals and progress.
- Creation, maintenance and moderation of Riot GO Platform Operations SOS meeting charters, communication channels, ritual agendas/notes, and other artifacts to drive results through aligned awareness, constituent confidence, and data consistency.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience with strong technical acumen, problem solving skills, and understanding of basic program concepts, algorithms and data structures. Ability to build and maintain scripts, automation, and complex spreadsheets.
- 5+ years of experience development or project management on technical projects with 3+ years using iterative methodologies like Scrum and Kanban.
- Experience producing software projects through the entire product life cycle.
- 3+ years of experience using a variety of management tools including specific expertise in google sheets (or MS Excel) and Jira.
- Ability to develop trusted relationships and achieve results through influence across organizations, senior management, leadership.
- Passionate empathy, tenacity, and bias toward action to ensure results and a quality constituent experience.
- Mature understanding of software frameworks including Scrum, Kanban, and waterfall.
- Technical curiosity with a demonstrated record of continued learning in technology, tools, and methodologies;
- Strong communication skills and ability to deliver clear communications in 1-to-many settings.
- Experience designing and improving work systems at the single and multiple team levels.
- Experience in facilitating meetings with senior management.
- Experience working in a DevOps or site reliability engineering environments.
- Knowledgeable in Jira use, configuration, and limitations.
- Knowledgeable in ALM Structure use, configuration, and limitations.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).