Senior Software Engineer, Game Modes - VALORANT
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As a Software Engineer, you’ll be exposed to both new and current technology while building innovative solutions to overcome high-volume obstacles and deliver player value.
VALORANT is Riot’s take on a character-based tactical shooter (for more info on VALORANT click here!). As a Senior Software Engineer, based in our LA office, you will be responsible for building and improving the full stack of Game Modes in VALORANT: from scalable backend services to performant game client and server tech. You'll influence the technical direction for how VALORANT game modes are built, scale, and are operated in production. You will collaborate heavily with design to build in and out of game systems that create new and exciting ways to engage with VALORANT. You will report to the Engineering Manager of the team.
- Be excited to span the entire VALORANT tech stack - from our golang services and infrastructure internals, to our client/server game systems in C++ and UE4 blueprints. We’re not looking for someone who’s an expert across the board, but if you want to stick to your expertise / comfort zone this position may not be for you.
- Design, build, and deliver internet-scale backend services and modular, performant, designer friendly game systems for genre-defining games we will deliver globally to millions of people.
- Build features to improve reliability and performance across the entire stack.
- Implement server infrastructure in support of new gameplay features.
- Work with cloud technologies and services such as AWS.
- Collaborate effectively with art, design, and other disciplines within game development.
- 4+ years of professional programming experience
- 2+ years professional experience building distributed systems at scale
- Experience with cloud computing and cloud technologies
- Interest in developing game systems in UE4 (Blueprint/C++) for VALORANT Modes
- Professional experience with Golang & C++
- Experience building microservices related to games
- Experience with UE4
- Experience building AI systems in games
- 1+ years of professional experience building features in a modern game engine
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).