Senior Brand Partnerships Manager
In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends which has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world. Riot has now put the “s” in Riot Games with the launch of Teamfight Tactics, Legends of Runeterra, Valorant, and soon Wild Rift. As Riot provides players more opportunities to engage with League and new IPs through not only games but entertainment more broadly, the Business Development (BD) department explores and creates new strategic partnerships that span across Riot to delight players globally.
As a Senior Brand Partnerships Manager for Riot-wide creative partnerships in the BD Department, reporting to the Corporate Business Development team, you will play an important part in a new team defining and shaping the Riot brand through unique partnerships that activate across the Riot ecosystem and have broad reaching cultural impact through experiences anchored in gaming. Your role will help raise the bar on expectations for gaming.
You will lead Riot-wide collaborations with strategic partners to create cultural moments connected to Riot’s DNA of player promise and expectations. This includes creating the vision for globally resonant partnerships for Riot-wide activations that will surprise and delight not only players of Riot’s games but the broader community and media. You will need to create and guide large-scale unique collaborations with new partners and coordinate across Business Development teams to integrate opportunities with existing partners. You will see through the development of these ideas by running deal processes from end to end, including evaluating the strategic fit of potential partnerships for these activations, negotiating terms and contracts, and working with partners across Riot to ensure implementation for the full value of signed partnerships. You will establish current and new partners and oversee the onboarding and ongoing management of multiple partnerships, applying your leadership capabilities to create partner support to ensure prioritization across the full Riot organization.
You will be a leader that can adapt to the varied and dynamic needs across Riot and its partners. You will use an understanding of priorities and broader context across Riot to create strategic collaboration. You will bring a flexible spirit, and creativity around deals, solving complex strategic problems and building agreement in both internal and external organizations.
- Establish the vision and approach for creative partnerships that align with the goals of Riot-wide activations to create culturally resonant moments for our core audiences
- Identify and pursue relevant creative partnership deals that can best support and further those goals
- Work with business development leadership across teams to identify and lead creative partnerships that will resonate with gaming audiences – including research, evaluation, recommendation, modeling, deal negotiations, and post-deal integration
- Coordinate with the product, engineering, publishing, Riot operations and platform teams in the evaluation and execution of creative partnerships
- Drive, design and project manage partnership plans
- Build Riot’s network of creative partners that can activate with the Riot brand
- Develop presentation materials for Riot’s executive team and the board
- Monitor performance of past deals to inform creative partnership strategy
- Capture and implement process improvements to support the effectiveness of the BD Department
- 5+ years of strategy or brand partnerships experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience creating and building unique and impactful partnerships with blue chip companies or brands at a company-wide level
- Experience creating successful partnerships and collaborations that support broader cultural impact goals, and that specifically resonate with gaming audiences in an authentic way
- Brand strategy experience in previous role
- Experience working in an external-facing role, including relationship management and pitching to senior executives
- Experience working with leaders and drive action
- Knowledge of player experience / experience in gaming industry
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).