Esports League Management Intern (MBA)
The LCS League Management team leads the “who,” “what,” “when” and “how” of Professional League of Legends in North America and serves as the front office of the LCS. The League Management team spans across competitive operations (rules and referees), player development (working with pro players and building fandom), live events (operating our arena and stadium road shows) and partnerships (sponsors and strategic deals). The League Management team works behind the scenes to make sure that when the cameras turn on to broadcast the LCS to millions of people each weekend, that all the pieces are in place for a successful and engaging show.
As a League Management Intern, you’ll jump into the fray, assisting the League Management team in delivering Summer Split 2021. You’ll spend time with each of our internal teams and will get a taste of all of the pieces that go into running a successful esports league. Project work and deliverables will be tailored to the intern’s specific interest and goals, but there is never a lack of ambitious and exciting work to assist with.
- Work with the competitive operations team to understand how we build schedules and how we referee games, including an opportunity to shadow our referees on stage at the LCS
- Assist the Player Development group with projects aimed at measuring fan affinity for pro players and helping pro players develop resonant brands for fans
- Sit in on the day to day operations of the LCS with the Commissioner and assist with projects that impact the league, LCS teams and pro players
- Embed with the live events team to get a first-hand view at operating the LCS Arena and tailgate, as well as the work that goes into planning the LCS Summer Finals
- Follow our Partnership Management team to understand how we go above and beyond to build long lasting and mutually beneficial relationships with our partners.
- Currently enrolled in an MBA or relevant Graduate level program
- Available to work full-time hours for 10-12 week at our Santa Monica Headquarters (subject to change based on COVID-19 restrictions)
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Familiarity with the LCS. You don’t need to recall details of games from Season 4, but should be generally conversant about the league.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot Internships are paid, and we offer relocation and housing support. You can expect subsidized meals and the ability to participate in our Play Fund, so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games. The University Programs team also invites you to intern focused events so you can connect with your fellow interns and Rioters to make the most out of your experience.
Applications Close October 31st 11:59pm PT
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).