Sr. Manager, Publishing - North America, VALORANT
The Senior Manager, Publishing oversees the implementation of the product strategy and holistic operation of VALORANT in the North American and OCE markets. This includes product marketing, programs and player support. You are also responsible for evaluating and managing a full team of managers and ICs contributing to the product’s success. You will oversee an estimated annual budget of $10mm and will report to the Director, Publishing in North America.
You will manage product operation and prioritize product opportunities in the combined NA/OCE market. This includes setting regional support for global product beats, building the larger game ecosystem (community, partnerships) in the NA/OCE market all while prioritizing the audience experience. You will lead Riot’s long-term strategy for VALORANT in NA/OCE, scale our seasonal publishing efforts and programs, establish the scope of media work, community building, and local channel strategy. Team building is a core responsibility of this role and you will have the privilege of leading and hiring a team culture of experienced publishing professionals.
- You will guide local product strategy to ensure our goals, player needs and game health metrics are achieved
- Lead regional advertising and media efforts from first briefing to successful competition
- Represent and advocate the market (NA/OCE) and its needs to the global team
- Lead an experienced publishing team as VALORANT grows with subsequent Episodes and Esport events
- Improve GTM plans by implementing global brand strategy locally while optimizing all owned and earned channels within the market
- You will make decisions for communications, audience targeting, measurement, support and community channel integration.
- 6+ years of experience in similar or related field
- Experience building business strategies and managing company and team resources to achieve desired outcomes
- You know to build and deploy budgets and have a plethora of experience accounting for how large projects were managed
- Experience working with a variety of levels, from coordinator briefings to selling strategy to senior partners
- You can plan contingencies and move autonomously
- You understand the art of channel management, from technical fundamentals to the creation of content that delights and surprises its users.
- BA in a related field of study is nice to have
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, and a collaborative spirit, that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.