Development Manager III - Riot Data Products
As a Development Manager III on the Riot Data Products team (RDP), you will work with the Delivery Lead for RDP and will be responsible for planning, execution, and delivery of projects intended to accomplish business goals and objectives. Collaborate with key stakeholders and project/program teams to ensure objectives are met.
- Align autonomous teams towards complex goals while meeting the operational needs of current customers
- Manage and plan development schedules and workflows, while raising risks, managing trade-offs, and eliminating blockers
- Assess a team's current situation and adapt planning tools, Agile methodologies, and communication channels to ensure successful, sustainable and reliable delivery that align with overall RDP process
- Create transparency and predictability with road maps, planning, and active risk management
- Drive team consensus on technical decisions and ensure that appropriate resources are employed
- Create, maintain and disseminate project information to partners
- 7+ years experience managing technical projects
- Experience leading engineering teams and partners
- Managed software products through entire life cycle – from creation, launch, to maintaining and operating a live service
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- History with leading remote and distributed teams
- Experience working in a matrixed technical organization.
- Excellent knowledge of agile and waterfall methodologies
- Designed work systems on a team level
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.