Manager, Software Engineering - VALORANT
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the chance to work in many broader domains. As an Engineering Manager, you’ll predominantly offer creative solutions to organizational design. You’ll also serve as a mentor for a team of engineers, overseeing performance management, growth opportunities, and accountability.
VALORANT is Riot’s take on a character-based tactical shooter (for more info on VALORANT click here!). As a Manager, Software Engineering on VALORANT you will help lead the development of features and functionality to support VALORANT. You will report to the Senior Engineering Manager in your area.
- Ensure the team is building products / services that meet our high engineering standards
- Ensure the products are well tested and are well supported operationally
- Be a hands on leader, providing an example of quality through your code, test, and design contributions
- Integrate online game services in UI and gameplay scenarios.
- Work collaboratively with Engineering, Artist and Design teams to help realize the overall vision of the game.
- You will participate in discussions about our product vision and ensure that vision is clear to your team(s).
- Communication is critical and your tone is positive and productive. It’s up to you to surface issues, opportunities, wins, and address them head-on.
- You will establish teams that are balanced, functional, and aligned with Riot values.
- You will help ensure our teams are healthy. We want team members to be motivated, encouraged, and execute well.
- You will focus on team member growth. Where do people want to grow? What role is next for them? How can we help them to get there? We will hold them accountable for getting there while providing mentorship and support.
- You will handle tension within and around the team. This could mean keeping a calm head, helping resolve conflicts or responding to emergent issues.
- BS in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
- 5+ years of professional experience as a Software Engineering working with popular game engines like Unreal, Unity, etc
- 2+ years of experience directly leading an engineering team.
- Experience shipping a AAA game or major features for a AAA game.
- Experience delivering games across multiple platforms.
- Experience working directly with Unreal Engine 4
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).h