VP, Corporate Strategy
Job Id: REQ-0000775
The Corporate Strategy team sits inside the Strategic Advisory department, which acts as the central hub for strategic support for leaders across Riot, and provides craft leadership to Riot for the disciplines of Business Strategy, Analytics, Research, Revenue Strategy and Strategic Finance. In this role, you will have the opportunity to leverage those resources and capabilities to develop data informed strategic recommendations and analyses.
As VP, Corporate Strategy, reporting to the SVP, Corporate Strategy and Development, you’ll shape Riot’s strategic direction by working directly with Riot’s executive leadership team to develop strategy across multiple dimensions, including where to play (e.g., evaluating markets and industries), how to succeed (e.g., build, buy, or partner), and operating model (e.g., organizational structures). You will build a strike team of advisors who will help the CEO and other senior leaders make important decisions in a data-informed manner and will also directly manage Riot’s strategic planning process.
- Lead efforts on growth strategy to achieve Riot’s long-term vision, such as which industries should Riot look to build or partner in, and how should we use our unique strengths to create game changing impact in that industry
- Play a central role in Riot’s operating model design, such as how to structure Riot’s organizational units and external partnerships to maximize the efficiency of our operations
- Provide holistic thought partnership to Riot’s executives on important issues, such as mission, long-term goals and strategies, capabilities and operating model, and special projects (e.g. overcoming China government restrictions on non-domestically developed games)
- Oversee the team responsible for Riot’s strategic planning processes, including working with leaders throughout Riot to develop clearly defined OKRs that tie back to Riot’s company-wide goals
- Provide recommendations and oversight for Riot’s budget and constraint process, working to ensure Riot’s long term financial health
- Manage small teams of strategic consultants
- Participate in Riot’s senior leadership rituals and look for opportunities to level up Riot’s strategic decision process
- 10+ years in a senior role at a top tier management consultancy or equivalent (e.g., corporate strategy leadership at a top technology or entertainment company)
- Experience with strategy across industries including tech and entertainment
- Experience working with C-suite leaders, with direct experience advising CEOs
- Experience in gaming or entertainment
- Passionate about games and the player experience; able to empathize with the joys and plights of players
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).