Visual Design Artist II - VALORANT
Riot Visual Designers seek to craft the best player experiences through their knowledge of systemic design, graphic design, interactivity, layout, typography, color theory and illustration. Designers collaborate with cross-disciplinary teams and act as both artistic and design problem solvers. They understand players and ask questions about the what, who and how when solving for an interface or communication challenge.
VALORANT is Riot’s take on a character-based tactical shooter (for more info on VALORANT - click here!). As a Visual Design Artist II, you will report to the Visual Design Art Lead. You will develop and execute visuals to support new content and features while expanding on existing ones and improve upon our existing design work in and around the game.
- Create and implement polished in-game UI that enhance player interactions and help deepen the player experience
- Imagine and compose UI elements for use across our game in Unreal game engine
- Generate, maintain and disseminate design documents such as style guides and design pattern libraries that facilitate a high-quality, consistent visual aesthetic
- Work cross-functionally to support and implement overarching design decisions
- Implement and follow consistent art practices for the discipline
- Communicate high-level concepts with confidence
- Generate, maintain, and disseminate design documents such as style guides and design pattern libraries that facilitate a high-quality, consistent visual aesthetic
- 3+ years of professional experience working in games as a Visual Designer, UI Designer, or UI Artist
- 3+ years of professional experience working in brand/publishing/merch visual development.
- Professional experience working with Photoshop, Illustrator, and After Effects
- Experience in a secondary area such as motion graphics, illustration, animation, or modeling
- Knowledge of the game development pipeline including optimization, localization, and implementation
- Professional experience working with Unreal game engine
When submitting your application, please provide a portfolio of your high-quality visual design art.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).