Tax Accountant - 24 Month Contract
Accountants, Analysts, and Advisors comprise the core of the Finance discipline at Riot, and our work ensures Riot’s offices and partners across EMEA are optimized for strength, speed, and knowledge -- financial and otherwise. We aim to break the mold of finance organizations without forgoing our fiduciary responsibilities. If we’re not crunching numbers, you'll find us playing some of the latest games, pursuing our passions or upgrading our knowledge in finance.
That's where you come in.
We have an 24 month contract for a Tax Accountant, to join a team here in Riot Games. You’ll join a team of internationally and culturally diverse professionals that share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention and maniacal passion for gaming. With teams in Player Support, Community, Publishing and Marketing, Riot Games Dublin is dedicated to creating unique player experiences that show European players they aren’t lost in translation.
- Manage the international tax compliance (direct and indirect) process (including in-house preparation and filing of tax returns and working with third party advisors) for the EMEA region to ensure tax returns and tax payments are filed and paid promptly.
- Assistance with the preparation of the quarterly and year-end tax provisioning entries for group and local statutory reporting.
- Research varied international tax matters and drafting reports and tax advice for the business.
- Stakeholder management i.e. collaboration with finance team, advising broader stakeholders throughout the business, building relationships to deepen team’s commercial knowledge, managing third-party advisors
- Provide tax support on daily issues and business initiatives requiring tax input.
- Support in relation to local tax authorities queries and audits.
- Working with the accounts payable team and accounting teams to improve compliance processes, review tax payment journal entries and account reconciliations for VAT accounts
- Monitor and analyse global tax law changes.
- Helping develop and execute the tax strategy for our EMEA business
- Support on ad hoc special projects.
- Newly qualified (or 1 year PQE) Certified / Chartered accountant; tax qualification preferable.
- Experience in excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets).
- Experience in Oracle would be very helpful, but not a prerequisite.
- Collaborates with others and maintains effective working relationships
- Manage tasks from start to completion
- Can identify problems and create solutions
- Seek new opportunities to improve work processes and efficiencies
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better
We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we’re excited to hear from you. Don’t be discouraged if you feel you don’t fully meet every single one of the requirements for a particular role, there’s always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role that will make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you!