Product Lead - VALORANT
Job Id: REQ-0000482
Established in 2020, the Singapore Studio is Riot’s second international game development studio. Working together with our Hong Kong Studio, Riot has been expanding our footprint in Asia and accelerating our talent growth to develop games that deliver great experiences to our players. Our mission is to “scale Riot’s games to hyper-serve players.”
We partner with our LA headquarters on game development for League of Legends, Teamfight Tactics, and Legends of Runeterra. We’re also building teams for VALORANT and Project L, our take on a fighting game. The Singapore Studio is seeking talented, passionate Rioters with backgrounds in all areas of game development to build games that make it better to be a player.
We’re focused on working together to promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and inclusivity, so every Rioter can be their best while we boldly pursue games. This means less emphasis on titles and hierarchy and more emphasis on creating the right environment to ship excellent experiences to players.
That's where you come in
VALORANT is Riot’s take on a character-based tactical shooter (for more info on VALORANT click here!)
As a Product Lead, you’ll lead passionate diverse teams in creating creative content and incredible experiences for players around the world, focusing on VALORANT. By inspiring teams to collaborate, you’ll guide development, smashing through obstacles and driving projects across the finish-line and into players’ hands. By delivering creative projects at every stage of production, you will create an opportunity space for the Studio and have a direct effect on players worldwide.
- Having XP in AAA game production and creative design to help you easily navigate a labyrinth of creative and technical requirements, forecasting obstacles that could otherwise trip you up en route to content delivery
- You take deep pride in your work and view each new problem as an opportunity for success; you approach challenges creatively, but methodically, sparking discussions as you work toward prioritizing and breaking down the steps to solutions
- While you’re a capable self-manager, your natural verve and sense of fun make you excel as part of a team; you inspire others, provide meaningful and constructive criticism, and stay calm and collected in crisis
- You create goals through capable team management, tactical execution on daily progress; you connect player engagement efforts to broader vision and understand how to create content players will like and share over and over again
- Oversee multiple production projects at once, helping set vision while creating understanding for all levels of content creation, recruiting new talent, and leading fellow Rioters
- Act as product owner on a variety of creative content while creating venues to coordinate team members, manage backlogs, and work with other customers and partners throughout Riot
- 5+ years of experience of (strategically) leading game development and leading experienced game development teams while working in creative development, partnering directly with writers, sound, visual designers, producers, to engineer and visual effects artists to listen and respond to pitches
- Experience informing and building feature roadmaps, identifying essential path issues while pulling together strike forces to blast through barriers and ship content to players
- Full relocation support
- Full health insurance for you, your spouse and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play Fund so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.