Senior Manager, Technical Product Management - Core Infrastructure
Riot Games was founded in 2006 by Brandon Beck and Marc Merrill with the intent to change the way video games are made and supported for players. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to worldwide acclaim. The game has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. Whether you're in Rio, Seoul or Moscow, you can find an excited and engaged community of League players. Delivering content to a global audience of millions of players whilst also building new games affords Riot's Engineering discipline with a mountain of exciting and technically complex challenges. That's where you come in.
Your role as a Technical Product Manager is to work with Engineers on the team to create a state of Operational Excellence and Reliability. You will collaborate with leads with diverse teams to identify opportunities for improvement. You will work with varying team members and investors to ensure the team is satisfying the needs of Riot’s game infrastructure needs in a cost-effective way.
As a Technical Product Manager on the Core Infrastructure team, you will report directly into the Head of Infrastructure. You will help manage the vision for our Multi Cloud Strategy that enables Riot’s games to be played by millions around the world. The Core Infrastructure Team was set up to help set up global consistency of our gaming experience. It has grown in scope over the years and also hosts our collaborative development environments, centralized multi-game services and even remote broadcast video production for esports events.
- Manage the long-term vision and roadmap for products as they mature; maintain a deep competitive awareness and identify global business opportunities worthy of investment
- Engage with our customers and partners to learn about the needs of our ecosystem and to provide actionable priorities from customers
- Lead collaboration across internal teams (engineering, delivery, product) and customers & partners to create feature priorities, product releases, and customer engagement
- Lead the team in creating a process to ensure each new release has well-defined critical metrics and the proper tracking to measure essential product and business metrics
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, operations, and infrastructure design and management
- Excellent teamwork, team leadership, and communication
- Strong partner management skills
- Worked with and led agile teams
- BA/BS+ in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 10+ years professional experience in program/product management, operations management consulting and/or engineering
- Detailed understanding of cloud infrastructure and how to manage it
- Understanding of Infrastructure as Code and CI/CD tools such as Terraform or Jenkins and their value at scale
- Can simplify complex technical issues convincingly to different audiences
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will certainly be looking at your past studies and experience, but for this role, we also look for dedicated people with a personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.