Insights Analyst III, North America
The Insights discipline empowers Rioters' to be more data-informed. We're an interdisciplinary group of scientists, consultants, and strategists from all sorts of backgrounds who join together to represent and advocate for gamers around the world. We believe that illuminating the globally diverse experiences, behaviors, and needs of gamers is apart of Riot's player-focused mission. We're a group united by our love of games, science, and helping others succeed.
As a Senior Insights Analyst on the North America Regional & Oceania team, you will dive into ambiguous problem spaces, generating insights and frameworks that’ll inform how we build our products and experiences, and working with our regional Publishing and Esports leads, team members, external product partners and with other Insights Rioters embedded throughout the company to improve our understanding of both the performance of our portfolio of products (Esports/IP) and our players and fans. You will report into the Manager of Strategic Advisory.
You will advise the Publishing Team in creating regional marketing strategies for North America and Oceania, and improving the viewer experience for our LCS esports fans.
- With a focus on business health and publishing support, obtain insights and guide next steps based on regional performance relative to goals and recent trends
- Analyze and attribute the impact of internal programs and external impacts on regional product Indicators
- Compare forecasted Indicators vs. Actuals. Analyze, learn from and report on deviations
- Work with Esports operational and publishing leads to track and forecast viewership and performance Indicators
- Work with each product insights team to forecast game Indicators by title on a monthly basis and socialize to product leads and regional leadership team
- Evaluate product performance and recommendations for future product investment
- Provide or collaborate on quarterly strategic research deep dives
- Integrate insights tools and methods into team learning and evaluation cycles
- BA in Economics, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Management Information Systems or a related discipline
- 6+ years of professional work experience analyzing large datasets, visualizing information, and informing company strategy
- Proficient in SQL-Pyspark, Databricks, and Tableau
- Knowledge of applied statistics, multimodal analyses (merging research and telemetry data streams) and analyzing research data
- High degree of comfort with presenting to large groups, and building reports
- Graduate degree or work experience in consulting, consumer insights or product strategy
- R/Python or any other scripting language
- Experience with gaming, tech/consumer products, or media/entertainment industry
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.