Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 67 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As Audio Coordinator, you’ll play a dynamic role on a cross-functional discipline, with the opportunity to grow in sound design craft. You’ll help with defining and executing new pipelines and processes, making sure that the audio discipline is supported, and maintaining relationships with our vendors. We’re looking for someone who is highly organized and is passionate about becoming a sound designer themselves.
- Experienced: You have a background in sound design or similar media, and have a strong passion to continue a pursuit of that.
- Gamer: Gaming is both what you do, and who you are. You never need to find an excuse to play games, it's a natural part of what you do.
- Approachable: you listen to others and are sensitive to any communication style; others trust you and feel comfortable coming to you with all the info, so any rising problems can be identified and tackled before they spiral into fiery vortices of bad vibrations
- Comfortable with ambiguity: when changes are made, you keep a cool head and fight on, even if you don't have all the details; you're comfortable moving between projects and facing the uncertain because challenge motivates you to evolve and innovate
- A facilitator: you efficiently and effectively keep projects on track by aligning the right people, materials, and support needed to get the job done; your well-organized file system facilitates quick action when work situations break bad and you help organize and run meetings
- Passionate about Sound Design: you are in the know about audio gear and needs. You’re able and excited to talk shop about all things audio.
- Ambitious & Driven: you don't wait for opportunity to knock – you kick the door off its hinges to grab it first; armed with a five, ten, and hundred-year plan (subject to change, of course), you're constantly seeking the next challenge that'll level up your skills
- Manage and define pipelines for the audio discipline in order to allow the designers to stay focused on design
- Be responsible for ordering and maintaining gear and software for the audio discipline
- Work with teams across Riot on emergent logistical needs that could block delivery of awesome to our players and product teams
- Own & facilitate team outings, events, knowledge share meetings, and other audio centered events and gatherings
- Maintain the discipline sound library and documentation, including tagging, archiving, backup, and guides
- Hone your sound design skills with the intention of growing into a designer in the future.
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.