Product Lead New Games, EMEA Esports
As Senior Product Manager for new games (VALORANT, Wild Rift, TFT), you will guide the efforts of building a thriving competitive ecosystem for Riot’s new titles in the EMEA region which includes Europe, Turkey, Middle East and the Commonwealth of Independent states. Your strategic vision, entrepreneurialism, product management skills, operational excellence and passion for esports will help you to establish new standards in amateur and professional esports. To create holistic, outstanding experiences for players, fans and esports organizations, you will partner with different stakeholders and teams from our local teams of publishing, production, broadcast, business development, league management and operations to the Global Esports team in Los Angeles.
You will report to the Director of Esports, EMEA to align your product strategy with our overall esports strategy for the whole region.
You will be based in Berlin, Germany and join a dedicated team of Rioters who are working on esports initiatives across multiple games: League of Legends, VALORANT, Teamfight Tactics, Legends of Runeterra, and our upcoming releases, such as League of Legends: Wild Rift.
You will be committed to ensuring that Riot is the most player-focused game company in the world.
- Design, oversee, lead and manage esports projects for Riot’s new titles in the EMEA region.
- Manage a team who will help you to operate the different properties that make up the competitive ecosystem of the EMEA region.
- Autonomously align different stakeholders within Riot and external parties towards a shared vision and roadmap for the new games.
- Work with external teams and vendors to ensure the new games esports experiences are tailored to each local market within the EMEA esports region.
- During 2021 work with Global Esports to develop the best business model for VALORANT pro competition
- Plan and manage new games related tournaments and general esports programs.
- Maintain deep understanding and current awareness of the esports, sports and entertainment industry.
- 8+ years of experience in competitive product management; experience in online / offline esports event production.
- Bachelor’s degree in Project Management or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Your passion for video games or sports is what drove you to the industry; you love games and sports offline and online.
- Strong knowledge of the esports industry in Europe, Turkey, Middle East and the CIS.
- Experience setting a clear strategic vision and translate that vision into a cohesive portfolio of competitive products;
- Experience negotiating deals with tournament organizers, production companies, broadcasters and media groups.
- Whether you're planning a milestone, giving a presentation or shooting off a quick email you look at work under a microscope and hold yourself to a high bar.
- Business fluent or native in one or more of the following languages: Russian, Arabic, Turkish.
- Experience in FPS or mobile competitive ecosystems.
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Commuting allowance
- Play funds so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- Daily lunch, snacks and fruits in the office
Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games. We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we’re excited to hear from you. Don’t be discouraged if you feel you don’t fully meet every single one of the requirements for a role, there’s always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role that will make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you!