Manager, Software Engineering - Developer Connections
Job Id: REQ-0000817
Developer Connections (DevCon) connects developers around the globe allowing them to ship games reliably and efficiently. We sit at the intersection of Game Studios, R&D, and Central Tech, allowing us to keep our fingers on the pulse of development across Riot. Our aim is to unblock teams so they can hit essential milestones for launching future games.
As a Manager, Software Engineering on DevCon, you understand that a chain is only as strong as its weakest link. You shine light on chronically underserved tools and processes and turn them into first class offerings that unlock the full potential of your fellow creatives. You are equally comfortable setting the vision for where your team is going and diving into the code to hit critical milestones. You’re an advocate for the unsung glue teams, the folks that often make the biggest impact by nailing the little details.
While no two days are the same on DevCon, we focus on the following offerings:
- Client delivery platform - enabling continuous delivery of game clients across PC, mobile, and console
- Mobile test automation - providing games with reliable methods of compatibility and performance testing across devices
- DevOps as a service - creating a globally unified approach for managing Riot's internal source control, artifact management, and build pipelines
- Game team collaboration - embedding with games teams to level up their continuous delivery tech stack and foster collaboration with developers across partner companies
- Manage one or more teams of software engineers, coaching them, holding them accountable to best practices and career growth
- Build healthy relationships with other engineering teams at Riot to foster cross-team collaboration
- Drive product requirements taking an active part in feature implementation
- Grow the team through hiring
- 7+ years of experience as a software engineer
- 2+ years working in an engineering leadership position
- Proficient with Scrum/Agile development methodologies
- Mobile development experience
- Familiarity with Unity or Unreal
- Entrepreneurial experience
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).