Accountant II - Esports
As Accountant II on the Esports team, you'll work with the Esports Event Production team on all international events across all products like League of Legends and Valorant. Based in the Los Angeles offices, you will work across multiple departments to ensure all production financial operations are being facilitated for maximum accuracy and efficiency. You will report into the line producer and fall within the esports event production arm of our events initiative.
- Work with the Event Team Members during pre-production for each event to help in forecasting and budgeting.
- Partner with the Line Producer, the global finance department and regional offices to ensure accurate maintenance of forecasting, tracking and reporting.
- Work with Riot’s purchasing department to onboard new vendors, while maintaining those within the system to expedite the internal purchasing process through final vendor payment.
- Review and comment on vendor contracts and costs.
- Work with Riot’s production partners for accuracy in forecasting, vendor selection/quotes through actualization and payment.
- Track and code invoicing and production costs to ensure accuracy in actualization of event budgets.
- Prepare and distribute event cost reporting.
- Manage workflow files for staff, vendors and contractors.
- Process crew and vendor payroll.
- Help with audits.
- 6+ years in production accounting or finance
- Experience processing payroll
- Proficient in the Google ecosystem (drive, docs, sheets and keep) and budgeting software, (Movie Magic, ShowBiz or Media Web)
- Have a current understanding of California labor laws to ensure Riot is following industry standard practices, and a minor understanding of Global employment rules and regulations that pertain to traveling Riot staff
- BA degree in accounting, economics or business
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).