Product Manager II - World Wide Publishing, Player Support Tools
Riot Games is looking for someone that can balance technical knowledge and partnerships to lead a diverse team of passionate, accomplished developers in our Player Support team. This role connects with essential departments and each of our games - requiring a leader who knows how to keep the big picture in focus while still being able to dive into the complex engineering challenges that we face daily.
As a Product Manager II, Player Support Tech you are an important member of the Player Support leadership team - building a vision for the future and design of Riot’s player support systems and support tools.
As a vision holder, you will understand Player Support’s mission and establish how technology, and integrations can be best used to achieve it. You will lead projects that fuse customer service technology with Riot’s backend systems to unlock our ability to provide increasing value directly through player support agents. In partnership with the Head of Player Support and other product managers on the team, you will be trusted with building the right tools at the right time to help Riot heal player pain.
- Establish the roadmap for Riot’s Player Support systems
- Build features on the player support platform by partnering with product managers on the team as well as other teams such as game studios, UX designers , QA leads, legal, international, vendors, and player support to bring a legendary support experience to our players.
- Lead products through the entire lifecycle of ideation, conception, validation, measurement, and iterative improvement
- Work with Player Support leadership and international regions to ensure relevant teams understand technical strategy, local impacts, and rollout plans.
- Discuss technical trade-offs with engineers, communicate platform limitations with key player support stakeholders, and contribute to collaborative decision making in development meetings as representative of Player Support tech.
- Build a creative environment, serve as custodian of team health, and cultivate a culture of success.
- Support forecasting, budgeting, and department level strategy as an essential member of the Player Support leadership team
- 4+ years of product management experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Record of developing solutions to new problems, or continuously improving systems and processes
- Experience using data analysis tools and methodologies (excel modeling, SQL, Google Analytics)
- The ability to work with all team members and lead by example
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals.
- Experience working with technology and web standards (relational database, distributed server infrastructure, data warehousing, analytics)
- Experience integrating systems and building integration products
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; think abstractly; learn, adapt and innovate
- Proven track record of strong delivery of results by working both independently and collaboratively with global teams as appropriate
- Strong organizational and people skills, successful track record of coordinating between multiple project stakeholders, technical program managers, and software development teams
- Excellent ability to deep-dive data, generate insights, identify business opportunities, and execute them
- 2+ years of experience in operations focused roles or supporting operations focused teams
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).