Technical Product Manager II - Player Platform, Game Agnostic Platform Services
Technical Product Managers combine deep technical knowledge and experience with product leadership capabilities to enable Riot to deliver key products and supporting systems to players. You will develop and execute product strategies on Riot's products and technologies while leading diverse teams to deliver creative solutions to our most difficult technical challenges.
As a Technical Product Manager II on the Game Agnostic Platform Services (GAPS) team, you serve as both the product owner and delivery leader for the team. The Game Agnostic Platform Services team provides functionality that is commonly used in any game (login queue, match history, tournaments, and more). By concentrating expertise in game platforms, we are able to offer robust, scalable features to all current and future Riot games. Game teams integrating with these offerings are then freed up to focus on content and features to delight our players.
You will report to the Manager, Technical Product Management on the Game Agnostic Platform Services team.
- Develop the technical product vision and development strategy for Game Agnostic Platform Services and related systems based on game and player needs.
- Manage all essential customer and partner relationships including game teams and other internal Riot teams, developing vertically integrated customer-facing capabilities (Riot Client, League+, Riot Player Support, etc.) .
- Manage the product team backlog, product road map, oversee improvement process, and scrum ceremonies for the team.
- Manage important requirements, customer and partner communications, and ensure the product team is aligned with Riot's goals.
- Review and develop Service Level Agreements and Goals with all core customers.
- Partner and collaborate with the Engineering Manager and Technical Leads on Riot Accounts to align on the product and technical plan the team executes against.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience, preferable on services / API technical product teams
- Understand API-based products, primary components and of customer experience (developer experience)
- Understand operational and development challenges and conflict resolution techniques
- Hands-on experience leading agile (scrum) teams
- Understand product management and how to navigate around constraints while finding balanced solutions
- Background in development of cloud based services, operations, or infrastructure preferably in the space online games or live service environments.
- Excellent team leadership, ability to refine technical product vision.
- Experience planning processes, and communication channels to ensure successful, sustainable and reliable delivery.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).