Senior Director, Riot Games Operations
As the Sr. Director, Game Operations, you will lead Riot’s Game Operations team, the group responsible for supporting Riot’s development studios as they develop, launch, and operate new games. You will report directly to the VP, Game Studios Operations and will manage the daily operations of the Game Studios Operation group. This includes supporting production across all of our new game experiences, leading program management, and planning for the Game Studios portfolio, and coordinating prioritization efforts between game teams and platform teams. You will measure operational goals across Game Studios and lead the Game Operations teams that support these efforts. You will work with leaders on game and platform teams, as well as technology, creative, finance, and other central functions.
- Support Riot’s game teams as they develop, launch and operate our game experiences by coordinating efforts and visibility across Worldwide Publishing, Platforms, and other central functions through coordination and integration efforts.
- Lead program management and planning for the Game Studios roadmap, milestones, and production lifecycle for individual games, including workforce planning and strategic planning, prioritization, and forecasting efforts.
- Work with studio leadership and individual game leadership teams to establish the operational strategy and monitor goals across our game experiences for the overall quality delivered to players.
- Support and operationalize the global studio operations strategy, including co-development and outsourcing models.
- Manage the career growth of members of the Riot Games Operations team
- 8+ years of leading successful game development teams in a production capacity
- 5+ years of experience growing leaders, designing scalable organizations, and building healthy, diverse, and inclusive teams
- Experience shipping large-scale AAA games on multiple platforms with a live service component
- Experience creating production plans, budgets/forecasts, outsourcing, and delivering high-quality results that meet both the creative and technical goals of the game
- Experience with games lifecycle from prototype, pre-production, production, launch, and full operation
- Knowledge of best practices in developing games-as-a-service, including software development and program management, and agile methodologies
- Experience building collaborative relationships with peers
- Background in production, engineering, art, or design reaching “senior” level in their chosen craft
- You have an operational mindset, set high-quality execution standards, and hold leaders and teams accountable
- You address strategic and operational challenges, build agreement, and create healthy team outcomes
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).