Strategic Finance Analyst
The Strategic Finance team at Riot is dedicated to helping our business partners make the best decisions for Players. Our team contains experts from a variety of Finance backgrounds, with a shared dedication to providing Riot leaders with a deep understanding of the financial impact of meaningful decisions.
As Strategic Finance Analyst, reporting to the Sr. Manager of Strategic Finance, you will assist the Riot Enterprise Strategy & Services Finance Lead supporting back office departments such as People, Finance, Legal, Corporate, and Strategic Advisory. You’ll use your analytical wizardry to advise the department heads on managing their P&L’s. Although you are hardcore about return on investments, you’ll know when to loosen your purse strings to meet the team’s evolving needs. Being able to navigate through ambiguous problems and your experience in finance makes you an all-star for a role that demands both.
- Help prepare and manage forecasts for distinct business departments/organizations/teams
- Manage annual strategic planning and financial forecasting process for department teams
- Develop management reports and dashboards to alert partners of variances, helping partners interpret the results and take appropriate actions to manage Riot’s resources
- Prepare ad hoc analyses and modeling to support strategic decisions
- Monitor variance to forecast, research discrepancies, and alert partners when action is required
- Tactically complete standard processes to ensure accuracy in coding, reporting, and budget management
- Identify ways to improve monthly processes such as budget allocations, headcount management, and validation, and engage with other business systems owners to collaborate on future process improvements
- Assist other finance teammates (purchasing, accounting, tax, and central finance) in relevant tasks and activities
- 5+ years of experience in finance, consulting, investment banking, or corporate strategy in the gaming, tech, or entertainment industries
- Experience with Google Sheets and/or Excel and complex financial modeling to translate high-level input and ideas into financial or operating models
- Comfortable moving between projects and facing uncertainty; can evolve and improve when facing uncertainty, risk, and change
- Experience prioritizing tasks and raising red flags when signs of danger appear; can reorient self and identify which teams need repairs
- Experience working with other teammates in a growing and ever-evolving organization
- Experience working with any personality type; can create reports and presentations that are easily understood by non-finance teammates
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).