Workplace Experience Operations Manager
The Workplace Experience Team (WX) at Riot is just that - Rioters' experience in the workplace. We are a diverse group of disciplines focused on how Rioters engage with our workplace. This includes Physical Security for our safety; Facilities Operations for our buildings, maintenance; Food and Events programs for daily engagement; Media Systems for our collaboration, presentations, and entertainment, and Occupancy Planning, to help us understand how we occupy our world, and ways to improve it.
As a Workplace Experience Operations Manager, reporting to the Manager, Development Management, you will be part of the Workplace Experience Operations team. You will specialize in the purchasing operations of all Workplace Experience teams. You will support these teams in three major areas: (1) Purchasing liaison for Workplace Experience: vendor setup, contracts, purchase orders, invoices, and payment, (2) Purchasing process analysis and improvements: working with teams, departments, and vendors to refine purchasing processes, (3) Financial analysis and tracking: Building, tracking, and analyzing forecasts and spend in partnership with Finance Partners
- Meet with Workplace Experience Deal Owners to discuss upcoming needs
- Meet with supporting departments (legal, finance, AP, sourcing) to address issues and discuss upcoming needs
- Work with the strategic sourcing and legal to write and revise scope of work (SOW) and contracts (CRFs) for new vendors and leads requests for proposal (RFP) processes for new services
- Create POs in behalf of Deal owners or assists Deal Owners to create POs
- Ensure POs reflect project milestones, and dates (eg build schedules) to vendors
- Update existing Purchase Orders with any expanded scope requirements and cost modifications
- Validate with the Deal Owner that goods and services rendered by vendors meet expectations and if so partners with AP to ensure vendors are paid.
- Analyze and refine purchasing processes between Workplace Experience and supporting departments to improve efficiency and reduce waste
- Understand Workplace Experience forecasts and actual spend inside and out
- Organize spend into logical groupings (PVNs) for business leaders to understand, provide guidance, and approval
- Partner with finance to create accurate projections of Workplace Experience forecasts
- Identify visibility of the impact of POs on approved forecasts and escalate
- Partner with finance to create forecast vs actual quarterly reports with Workplace Experience managers
- BA, BS, or 6+ years Related Experience
- Experience using budget/purchasing software tools such as Coupa, Concur, Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets), and Google Sheets
- Experience analyzing and tracking budgets
- Experience navigating purchasing processes: requests for proposal, statements of work, vendor onboarding, contracts, purchase orders, invoices.
- Experience driving cross-department process improvements
- Excel in both Written and Spoken Communication with the ability to tune Messages for a variety of audiences
- Comfortable manipulating and analyzing data
- Comfortable interpreting guidelines and analyzing factual information to adapt or modify processes in response to changing circumstances
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).