User Experience Designer III - Unpublished R&D Product
As a User Experience Designer, you’ll create the design work in a high-scope product area that is complex and ambiguous. The spaces will generally encompass multiple features and sometimes span across teams. You will apply design thinking and take a broad approach to ensure experiential continuity across platforms and touch points. You’ll work from concept through development and collaborate with other designers to achieve your goals.
As a User Experience Designer III working on an early stage product, you will help produce one of Riot’s next big bets. As a User Experience Designer III, reporting to the Design Lead, you will be trusted to develop UI/UX designs that help players navigate all aspects of our game. You will work closely with lead feature Designers to align on UX flows through interesting and intuitive control schemes and layouts. Working in R&D, you will be comfortable operating in an ambiguous environment where change, big and small, is a critical part of the process. You will apply design thinking and take a broad approach to ensure experiential continuity across platforms.
- Support high-level product as well as feature-level design in developing intuitive control schemes and UX flow.
- Build wireframes and presentations as needed for proof of concept and evaluation.
- Communicate ideas and collaborate across teams to ensure alignment with a coherent and quality User Experience vision
- Collaborate with other disciplines to implement functional prototypes in-engine (with engineering support) that deliver on feature and product goals
- Provide appropriate level of design artifacts for the team (e.g., Strategy articulation, discovery/ research results, journey maps, flows, wireframes, mockups and/or prototypes)
- Gather and synthesize user feedback for the team, highlighting opportunities to better deliver on the desired player experience
- 5+ years experience designing digital experiences, products, and platforms as a User Experience Designer or Interaction Designer
- 1+ years of experience with Unreal Engine
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple disciplines
- Worked on and delivered in-game screens (e.g. HUD, Map, Stats Page) for at least one game
- Worked on products across at least two different platforms (e.g. console, PC, VR, Mobile, Kiosk)
- A minimum of a BA/ BS degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction/ Interface Design, Communication Design, Graphic Design, or equivalent experience
- Game design experience
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00)